BMJ Impact Analytics is the most up-to-date and comprehensive tool you can use to track and share the real-world impact of your medical and health research. If you fund, publish or produce research or policy, BMJ Impact Analytics tracks where it’s cited in Clinical Guidance and Health Policy worldwide.
Developed by BMJ in collaboration with pioneering start-up Overton, BMJ Impact Analytics is the only tool dedicated to health and social care, covering the greatest breadth of key medical sources. It uniquely shows links to patient outcomes (citing BMJ’s leading decision support tool, BMJ Best Practice) and provides your impact in context.
Key features include
- Intuitive interface – extensively tested with medical funders and medical schools and adapted to how you want to search, find and analyse results
- Save time and effort with access to citations of your impact in context, data visualisations, saved searches and alerts to keep you updated with the latest citations relevant to your research
- Easily track the impact of your open access research, of policy on policy, white papers and laws
- Access data on patient outcomes with citation results that include local guidelines and clinical decision support citations
- Use our advanced analytics functionality to focus on the real-world impact that matters the most to you. Includes: disambiguation pages for authors and institutions, functionality to analyse health policy and clinical guidance separately, identify impact on policy linked to the SDGs, and more.
Read about BMJ’s commitment to responsible metrics.
How is BMJ Impact Analytics different from Overton?
Our co-development combines Overton’s data knowledge and BMJ’s health expertise to offer the only impact tool focused on health and social care. Learn about our collaboration and the differences between the two products.